Empire Life Insurance: Annuity
Annuities from Empire Life
An Empire Life annuity provides regular, fixed income payments for the rest of your life. If you are looking for a guaranteed monthly income stream that will continue until your death, then a life annuity is the perfect retirement option.
Talk to an Empire Life Insurance Agent/Broker
The best way to learn more about annuities from Empire Life is to contact a Empire Life insurance agent or broker who speciallizes in annuity sales. An annuity broker deals with more than one company and can help you compare monthly incomes from all the different life insurance companies that sell annuities in Canada.
How to buy an annuity from Empire Life
- Start by completing a Empire Life annuity quote.
- Receive your Empire Life Annuity Illustration by email.
- Complete the Empire Life Annuity Application.
- Complete the transfer form(s).
- The following items are sent to Empire Life Insurance:
- Empire Life Annuity Application
- Empire Life Annuity Illustration
- Transfer Form (for registered funds) or
- Cheque payable to Empire Life Insurance (for non-registered funds)
- Void cheque for the payment of the monthly income
- Copy of a government issued photo ID
- Your Empire Life Annuity Policy is issued and mailed.
Completing a Empire Life annuity quote below is the first step in calculating your monthly income based on your personal needs.
Click here to get an Empire Life Annuity Quote
Once you submit your information, we'll calculate your annuity payout and send you the Empire Life Annuity Illustration the same day. Here is an example of a Empire Life Annuity Illustration.
After reviewing the annuity illustration, the annuity broker will take down your information and complete the annuity application for you. Here is an example of a Empire Life Annuity Application.
The annuity broker will complete the transfer forms that are necessary. Registered funds like your RRSP, RRIF or RPP are transfered from one institution to another using a transfer form. If the funds are coming from a non-registered source the annuity broker will ask you for a cheque that is payable to Empire Life Insurance.
Your annuity policy will be issued when the registered funds are transferred. Or when the non-registered funds have been cashed.
About Empire Life Insurance
The Empire Life Insurance Company (Empire Life) is a subsidiary of E-L Financial Corporation Limited. Our Head Office is located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada and we have service and individual and group sales and marketing centres across the country.
We offer a full range of financial products and services - including personal life insurance, critical illness coverage, investment options, group life and health benefits and group RSP plans.