Annuities in NL, Canada
Financial Services Regulation Division of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Insurance Regulation covers the companies that provide insurance, the market intermediaries that sell insurance and various provisions of insurance contracts.
- Securities Regulation involves the regulation of companies that raise capital from the investing public (e.g. reporting issuers), market intermediaries (registrants) that sell and advise in the trading of securities, oversight of certain self regulatory organizations, as well as regulation of the mutual funds industry.
- Real Estate Regulation applies to the individuals and corporations that act for consumers in the purchase, sale, lease or rental of real estate, property management or collection of rents.
- Mortgage Brokers Regulation licences individuals and corporations that deal in mortgages or act on behalf of a consumer to find a financial institution to give a mortgage to the consumer, establishes disclosure requirements on the cost of borrowing and regulation of fees that a mortgage broker can charge.
- Consumer Protection Fund for Prepaid Funerals is administered by the Financial Regulations Division to protect consumers against loss of prepaid funerals.
2nd Floor West Block, Confederation Building
100 Prince Philip Drive, P.O. Box 8700
St. John's, NL
Newfoundland & Labrador Ranks 9th For Searches On Annuities
List of Canadian provinces and territories with the most searches on annuities are:
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
- Yukon Territory
*Source: 2017 Web traffic from LifeAnnuities.com. *Does not include searches for the french term rente.
Who Sells Annuities in Newfoundland & Labrador?
Life insurance companies do not sell annuities direct to the consumer. A life insurance agent or a independent life insurance broker are used to buy annuities.
Ideally it's in the annuitant's best interest to use an independent life insurance agent who specializes in annuities. An independent annuity broker will provide quotes from all the life insurance companies which you can then compare and choose the company with the best income.
Request An Annuity Quote
If your province of residence is Newfoundland & Labrador, The Hughes Trustco Group (LifeAnnuities.com) will provide personal annuity quotes from all the life insurance companies.