Life annuities offer a guaranteed income plan that makes the best use of your assets, without the worries of stocks and bonds.
- Immediate or deferred annuities
- Indexed annuities
- Fixed term or life annuities both either single and joint
- Life annuities with or without a guaranteed period
Any one of these plans can be used to purchase your life annuity:
- Registered Pension Plan (RPP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Locked-in Retirement Savings Plan (LRSP)
- Locked-in Retirement Account (LIRA)
- Deferred Pro?t Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
- Life Income Fund (LIF)
- Locked-in Retirement Income Fund (LRIF)
- Non-registered funds
Your life annuity payment forms the core of your retirement income.
In addition you have pensions for life from government and possibly from your employment.
N.B. Lifetime pension or lifetime annuities are basically the same.